Open House: 4-7PM
The National Historic Landmark theatre, which officially opened on December 9, 1889, has been a Chicago institution for 130 years. You’re invited to celebrate this milestone anniversary at a FREE Open House! Take a historic theatre tour, pose for a picture at a photo booth with an Auditorium Theatre-themed backdrop; sketch and take photos of the theatre; bring the kids for free popcorn and coloring; grab a drink at the bar; and enter a raffle for a chance to win free tickets to a future Auditorium Theatre performance. Photographs, program books, and posters from the theatre’s archives will also be on display.
Pre-registration is sold out, but no ticket is needed to attend. Please join us anytime between 4-7PM!
- Historic Theatre Tours, led by an expert Auditorium Theatre tour guide
- Self-guided tours, with photo opportunities and scavenger hunt clues to be found along the way
- A photo booth with an Auditorium Theatre backdrop and props
- Coloring and sketching areas
- Raffle to win free tickets to an Auditorium show!
- A birthday toast to the Auditorium @ 6PM with champagne and a special birthday cake created just for the Auditorium by Eli’s Cheesecake!